Each person is vital to our common life — in worship, in the offering of your time and talents to our ministries, and through your willingness to sharing your treasure. Join us in transforming the lives of our parishioners and our larger community.
Your support enables St. Simon’s to provide more programs and transform more lives by making room at the table.
By making an annual contribution online thru AccessACS, you are investing in St. Simon’s areas of greatest need. You may choose either a single annual gift or monthly support through a recurring debit plan. You may also target your gift to a specific project or fund – your support is always meaningful and appreciated.
We welcome one-time gifts from our guests or visitors who are moved to support our journey at St. Simon’s.
Our vestry has established a new ministry designed to help ensure the long-term viability of our parish – The St. Simon’s Heritage Ministry – a Ministry that offers the opportunity for you to support the church even after you are gone. A booklet is now available describing how the Ministry will operate and the many ways you can contribute. It can be a valuable resource as you consider your current and future estate planning. If you are interested, copies of the booklet are available in the office and either Elizabeth Jameson or Bob Arnold will be happy to discuss it with you.
Parishioners who have professional expertise in fields such fields as financial planning and estate planning and who would be available to help parishioners in their long-range planning should give your contact information to Bob so your name can be made available to parishioners.
With deep gratitude to all who have pledged their support to St. Simon’s this coming year, we joyfully announce we have reached $409,013 from a record 130 households. Thank you to all who give so generously to make our community of faith possible.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
What does it mean to live from the heart? God calls each of us not simply to ‘get through’ this one precious life but to truly thrive. This year’s giving theme, Living from the Heart, encourages us to do nothing less than “to fall in love again, to be awakened once more to the power and beauty of God’s grace as it is known in Jesus Christ.”
As you consider your financial support of St. Simon’s for the coming year, we invite you to prayerfully consider your gift for 2017. We at St. Simon’s are committed to our vision of a growing vibrant parish. Below, we’ve outlined some information we hope will be helpful as you discern a gift that is significant to you. Each gift, given as an offering to God, is deeply appreciated and contributes to the vitality of our mission and ministry. I am grateful for the tremendous generosity that makes all that we are and do possible. You can make a pledge or a gift by clicking the Contribute box above.
What does living from the heart mean to you? I invite you to listen to several parishioners reflect on what it means to them:
- How are you offering your time, talent and treasure back to God?
- We know that the more we invest in something, anything, the more we receive. Being part of a faith community is more than simply coming for worship occasionally. Elsewhere on the website, there are many opportunities to be involved with time and talent, here are some thoughts on offering our treasure.
- What is a pledge? Why pledge instead of just giving?
- A pledge is a non-binding expression of intention. Our leadership bases our financial plans on pledges. Imagine trying to budget your household expenses without knowing what you anticipate for the coming year?
- What happens if I cannot fulfill my pledge in a year?
- We understand things can happen. If you find yourself unable to fulfill your commitment, we’d simply appreciate it if you could discuss with Pastor Elizabeth.
- How long is the pledging period?
- Yearly; we have an annual giving season, usually in January, where we encourage parishioners to pledge for the coming year.
- How much should I give?
- We welcome any amount but encourage you to pledge an amount that is personally meaningful. The bible suggests 10% of one’s income, in recognition that all we have is God’s. Commitments range from $50 to $25,000 annually. The question for you to consider is this: what represents a truly significant gift, where you offer the first fruits not simply what is left over.
- Do I give weekly?
- Some pledgers do. Others give monthly, quarterly, or yearly. It’s completely at your discretion.
- Are pledge envelopes available?
- Yes, email our parish administrator, Martin, to order some for you and let you know when they are ready to be picked up.
- Do you offer electronic giving?
- What other forms of giving are available?
- We accept stock transfers for those who wish to do so. Please contact our assistant treasurer for additional information. Some families also choose to give through donor-advised funds with institutions such as Fidelity and Charles Schwab, where they transfer stocks or mutual funds to the institution and from there donate to St. Simon’s.
Bishop Lee’s powerful presentation on stewardship changed the way we understand our relationship with money: Money is never the problem. Fear is the real problem, not trusting in the Lord. We are children of the light…God invites you to live day by day with open hearts and hands. Let us open our hands to receive a life beyond imagining. Take a moment and listen to his whole presentation here.